PASSPORT I has come and gone. Let me tell you, it was a whirlwind. Typical.
I love the little moments that make all the difference; those moments that seem somewhat insignificant, but end up being the moments that stick with you long afterwards ("moments of truth," if you will). This PASSPORT was no exception; I had many memorable encounters with parents and students. From connecting deeply with group of girls together on Day Zero to having an in-depth conversation about faith and justice with a parent at the wine and cheese social, this orientation session sticks out to me. It felt really good to have real people on-campus. It feels good to have all that work finally come to a noticable product. It will feel good to be back in the office again. This really is a wonderful job.
Now that PPI has passed, things at work should simmer down for a bit (I don't know how many more 10-12 hours days I could've handled). My latest and most exciting news in my current plans to roadtrip across America in the beginning of August. Linds and I are traveling down to St. Louis to camp and visit Mal. We just bought tickets to a Cardinals game; I couldn't be more excited (that is, of course, we decide to experience some St. Louis blues; in which case, I would be significantly more excited that I am at this present time).
I've never been that fascinated with fireworks. I mean, they're okay... but nothing special.
http://toothpastefordinner.com/
Literature makes you a better person. Current reads: Cost of Discipleship - Bonhoeffer, One Hundred Years of Solitude - Marquez
No comments:
Post a Comment