Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Praying for Alissa



Hey friends. Got a prayer request for you.
This is my dear friend and roommate, Alissa.

Alissa and I go way back to when I was her RA on 3rd Veenstra. We had some good times. So good actually, that I decided to live with her and three other girls from 3V this semester. Anyway, the thing you need to know about Alissa is that she is incredibly compassionate and caring to those around her, close friends and strangers alike. So when a situation crossed her path when a person needed a kidney transplant, Alissa wondered if she could be that person to give her kidney. As it turns out, she could. She was a match. Right now, Alissa is in Arkansas preparing for the surgery to donate her kidney on Wednesday. I am so proud of her. I admire her bravery and heart to help. Still, I am anxious for her. If you could pray over the next few days that her surgery would go well and that her recovery from the operation would be speedy and normal, I would so value that. I love her and want the best for her.

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Cassie! Thank you so much for posting this. All has much smoother than expected.

    It will be a sad day when we move back in to the apartment, when you are no longer there each day and night. I hope you come by more than often.

    My love to you!

    ReplyDelete