Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Skip to My Lou

Sorry for being slightly cryptic on my last post. I'll disclose a bit more now...

I am going to be a high school English teacher! I have accepted a position at Westminster Christian Academy in St. Louis, MO. I'll be teaching 9th Grade Expository Writing and 10th Grade Western Literature.

Here are few reasons why I am excited for teaching, round 2:
  • A school with a clear vision for excellent Christian education, headed by a strong leader
  • Challenging yet supportive and nurturing professional development for teachers
  • A larger school with an actual English department that has a well-developed and intentional curriculum that is sequenced and academically rigorous
  • A Christian community within the teaching staff that is committed to improving themselves as professionals and as Christ-followers
  • A brand new campus next year just on the outskirts of the city. It's going to be beautiful.
  • The Midwest culture and families nestled in St. Louis (and I'm interested to see how this Southern aspects play out there)
I am also really excited to move to a new city. True, cross-country moving does have its drawbacks, but I am ready for a fresh start--again. California has been an adventure, and the Bay Area is a great place to explore. I love its diversity in people and landscape, its liberal politics and progressive thinking, its palm trees and mountains, its U-turns and In-N-Out Burger. But the time has come for this brief chapter to come to a close.

So now, envisioning my new life begins! Hold on. It's going to be a crazy ride.

2 comments:

  1. you didn't marry Palo Alto?! shucks.

    congrats lady! you're the best. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats cassie! i'm excited to see where this new adventure leads you!

    ReplyDelete