Amidst all the goodbye parties, gifts, and grief, I managed to capture the loves of my life these past 10 months in a photo. Each group has a distinct personality; I've reduced each down to a few descriptive adjectives to give you a sense of who they are. You can fill in the rest. What became very clear to me in the past few weeks is how much I loved these kids, and they loved me. It made the end taste a lot more bitter than I anticipated.
8A - Mischievous, talkative, good at heart
8B - Intelligent, quirky, hilarious (My homeroom)
7th Grade - Creative, overly chatty, lovable
6th Grade - Innocent, naughty, eager to please

8th grade girls' swim party at the Silkwood's
At graduation with Allie, a fave of mine. The lei is a California tradition.

8th graders are simply wonderful. And all grown up!
Someday I'll share bits and pieces of the notes, cards, and letters I received from my kids at the end of the year. They are so valuable to me (you all know how I feel about the power of the written word). Their words are genuine and gracious and make me all misty eyed when I read them over and over again. But that's for another day. Today all you get are my pictures.

These pictures are great! I especially love the one in motion with the boys falling over. :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a weird feeling saying good bye to your students after an entire year. I had mixed feelings that last day...
ReplyDelete