Well, hello! I hope you've enjoyed your summer, friends. I certainly have; hence, why I have taken a three month recess from sharing stories of the season. Now because I have put off posts with more regularity, this post will have to be quite abbreviated and reliant on images to tell the stories rather than my mind that is lost on all the little details.
This summer has hosted so many lovely things (true to form)...
As soon as school ended, I hopped a bus down to Los Angeles to meet the Chinese import...
![]() |
| ...and just a traffic jam away was a dear friend from Orange County... |
![]() |
| Our wanderlust led us back up into Northern California to my favorite: San Francisco |
![]() |
| Such great food in this city |
![]() |
| And then hiking underneath a canopy of redwoods branches in Santa Cruz... |
![]() |
| The Campbell Farmers' Market in San Jose never ceases to disappoint |
![]() |
| It's easy to buy local in California--even donut peaches... |
![]() |
| ...THE motif of the summer was froyo |
![]() |
| Time to leave California and move onto brighter landscapes |
![]() |
| My time in the Mitten was spent with so many dear friends... |
![]() |
| Aunt and Grams are glad to have me 30 hours closer to home |
![]() |
| Bought a car after almost a year hiatus from driving |
![]() |
| Hanging out in back lots with nothing to lose |
![]() |
| Smiling so much |
![]() |
| After postponing the procedure for almost 7 years, I got my wisdom teeth out |
![]() |
| And then it was time to finish the summer out by moving to St. Louis, |
![]() |
| I live in a historic district of St. Louis. It's absolutely gorgeous. |
![]() |
| Beautiful home |
![]() |
| Two English majors in one house means one must be creative in finding ways to store books |
![]() |
| I have a desk but rarely use it |
![]() |
| Like a true St. Louisan--I love my Cardinals baseball |
![]() |
| I also love my beer (but will always love my red wine more) |
![]() |
| It's official. |
![]() |
| Molding minds in this space. |
And now a new season, a new chapter has begun.
September means back to business. I'm wanting fall weather and festivities to begin instantly. I love summer dearly, but now that I'm back onto an academic calendar again, I am (perhaps overly) eager to trade in the sweltering Missouri heat for some lighter, crisper (read: actually breathable) air that's associated with all things school.
Until I decide there's enough to warrant another update...
























Thanks for the post Cas, love the pictures! My favorite - the creepy guying staring into the camera behind Lindsay in the one about "good food".
ReplyDeleteHope you are well!