Sunday, March 18, 2012

Something I wrote on February 7, 2009. Some things never change.

Remember Facebook Notes? Yeah. I wrote a couple. Here's one that I dug up from 2009--before graduation, still living at 143, in the beginning of my last semester senior year, before life got complicated. It's interesting because a lot of these things are still the same. Some things in life are constant. Do you ever look back and read what you've written? Do it.

My Twenty-Five

by Cassie Zwart on Saturday, February 7, 2009 at 7:05pm ·



Yes, I feel narcissistic right now. 

1. I love music. I have incredibly eclectic taste. I probably listen to a lot of bands that you've never heard of, but I would love to tell you about.

2. I like to play music, too. I took piano lessons for ten years and played the clarinet in band for eight. I wish I had more time to play.

3. I aspire to travel the world in my free-time... someday.

4. I have never been 100% sure that I've wanted to be a teacher.

5. I tend not to stress out, and high-strung people get on my nerves. Being carefree is the way to be.

6. One of my newest hobbies is learning how to cook well.

7. I like beards (most of the time).

8. I love playing games... especially board games. This is one area of life where I'm competitive.

9. I'm really good at accents.

10. I like making people happy.

11. My car is a 1989 and has 73,000 miles on it.

12. I really, really like grammar.

13. I have book-lust. I like reading good literature and discussing good literature.

14. I think in the next five years I would like to go to grad school for clinical psychology.

15. Sometimes, I am painfully shy. Other times, I am really outgoing. It just kind of depends.

16. I like gnomes.

17. I am in love with quirks and quirky people.

18. I am an awkward magnet--most of the time by choice.

19. I love me a good film.

20. I love to laugh. And I think that I have a really good sense of humor. :)

21. I almost went to college in Southern California because I thought that's what I wanted. Obviously, God had very different plans for me.

22. Somedays, I feel like I really am Calvin College because I have been ridiculously involved.

23. I am always up for a glass of wine and a good conversation.

24. 50% of the time I don't want to grow up. 50% of the time I cannot wait.

25. I have had over ten different jobs: nanny, Burger King (sad, but true), waitress at Rainbow Grill, hostess at Village Seafood and Grille, metal assembly at General Motors, house cleaner, warehouse at Notions Marketing, counselor at Camp Geneva, RA, Orientation Intern, Student Development Office intern, and other little jobs. What to infer from this information: I value a variety of different experiences. I have never been fired. :)

Wow. That was intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment