I am sitting here on the most comfortable couch in my warm little apartment, admiring the yellow-edged leaves get tousled in the wind outside. Cheers to fall in Grand Rapids!
My anxiety levels have increased slightly as I begin to enter the crossroad of the next chapter in my life. Contemplating what's next can be equally exciting and overwhelming. I've been tossing around the options in my head, and, after some lost sleep, I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere!
The plan, kids, is graduate school in Fall 2011. Two years away, but so much to do in the meantime. I'm planning on taking a job at Calvin in the Student Development Office. It's a nine-month position, finishing at the end of September 2010. During that time, I'll study and take the GRE, and pursue employment after my temporary position at the SDO is over. Starting in Sept./Oct. 2010, I hope to have a job in some psychologically related position until late summer 2011 (probably something at Pine Rest, Wedgewood, or Bethany). I'm hoping to find this position through AmeriCorps. I was looking through positions this past weekend, and Bethany Christian Services has a 10 month AmeriCorps VISTA position that looks perfect. Then, I'll start applying to my schools of choice and hopefully get into one of my top choices and begin courses Fall 2011. Clinical Psychology is a 5 year program. And so my life will be pretty planned for a few years. Afterwards, I'll have my Psy. D. (Doctor of Psychology) and be ready to assess and diagnose. Phew!
I feel a little bashful publishing these plans. Who am I to say that this is what will actually happen? But as of now, this is it. And I couldn't be more excited.
So... where should I live for 5 years?? :)
i fully support this! you're going big places. can't wait to see what God has in store for you.
ReplyDeletecassie. it seriously makes my heart smile to read this post. echoing what mal said...i'm so excited to see what God is going to do with such a wonderful woman like you. :)
ReplyDeleteNew York. I think we can all agree, no other place in the world has a higher need for clinical psychologists. This place is full of crazy.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I live here. Think about it.