We travelers, walking to the sun, can't see
Ahead, but looking back the very light
That blinded us shows us the way we came,
Along which blessings now appear, risen
As if from sightlessness to sight, and we,
By blessing brightly lit, keep going toward
That blessed light that yet to us is dark.
[Wendall Berry]
[Certain uncertainty]
[Impatient hesitation]
When I find myself in places that determine who I will be, I am unable to recognize myself. Here is where I must take solace in the hope that I will one day look back and see more clearly my meager existence as shaped by God's hand.
[Impatient hesitation]
When I find myself in places that determine who I will be, I am unable to recognize myself. Here is where I must take solace in the hope that I will one day look back and see more clearly my meager existence as shaped by God's hand.
Here's to walking towards the light the best that we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment