Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Going for the Gold

First thing's first: these are not resolutions.

Go back a few forms of resolution and you find the word resolve. If you break down that word, resolve really means to re-solve something, assuming a problem in your life. I'm not listing these things because I think there's a particular problem (hopefully, this isn't me being delusional here). Just a few goals, plain and simple.


1. Inspired by my dear friend Shelly (see http://www.shellmo.blogspot.com) who read 80 books last year -- truly remarkable -- I am going to try to read 50 books this year. That is about a book a week, I guess, with two weeks of wiggle room.

2. On Sunday afternoons, get in the habit of writing more letters.

3. Write more in general.

4. Travel to a city that I haven't been to yet.

5. Find a mentee.

6. Find a mentor.

7. Drink 64 oz. of water a day.

8. Simplify my life and clean out all the stuff I don't need, use, or want.

9. Quit sending embarrassing texts while sleeping by not keeping my phone on my bedside table.

10. Continue to organize life by writing lots of helpful lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment